You may have noticed that by default the login script is delayed for Windows 8/8.1. It is actually set to 5 minutes by default, which in my opinion, is way too long in any scenario.
You can change this delay by using Group Policy on your domain controller, or by using the local policy editor on the computer is question. Here I will explain how to change it with the local policy editor.
1. Press Win+R to bring up the “Run” dialog box
2. Type in: gpedit.msc and press enter
3. Browse to the following location: Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Group Policy
4. Double click on: Configure Logon Script Delay
5. Here you can either set it to 0, or whatever you want, or just disable the setting to turn off the delay.